Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am back..and i wont stop again

Hey people...i know i know it has been a while since i even touched this site...it has been busy for a while and i honestly been putting my writing on facebook. That is not fair to the people who were reading what i had and don't have facebook. So i will make sure i touch base with this as much as i can. and with that here is my comeback post =)


This is a topic a friend of mine told me to write about

So I have this question thrown at me a lot.

“You’re such a sweet guy I don’t understand why you’re single”

From that answer I always laugh. Reason why is that I guess you could say that I am black listed. Not only being a male, living in our city that we call Toronto. It is for the sole fact that I am in the entertainment business. Since I am a promoter everyone has labled me a whore, a liar, and at times a person who can’t commit to a relationship.

Now from what I see, the reason why I get that thrown on me is because they may have been hurt before from a person who is in the same business as I am. Believe it or not, Toronto is basically an entertainment networking city, it just sucks that everyone has to know all of the same people (Thank you very much Facebook….baitbook indeed) Now there are always two sides to every coin. Girls of course feel like they can’t trust any guy period let alone the fact that he does some sort of promo, DJ, or even performer because they all go on about how we are worst than scum. That is totally understandable. All entertainers are not bad. Not all of us sleep around and have “groupies”. I know most women who are in this industry (This includes DJ’s, models, and anyone who is known here) would blow a fuse if they heard guys talk about “She slept with him and has 2 others on the side”. You have groupies as well the correct name for them would be stalkers. We will get to that another time. Just because you have a friend that did something with a guy who is in the business you start getting the red paint and label his circle all the same. You don’t know the person yet when you hear the name you start going on with allegations. Personally I think that is totally wrong to do because if your friend likes to share herself with X amount of guys trying to find her center, when someone brings that up to your attention you start causing an uproar saying “That’s not my friend. I am not like her don’t bring my name up with hers.” We all go on talking about how we are grown and we don’t need to go on about high school shit. Yet just because a guy has a lot of girls feeling him and they offer himself and he threw a party that makes him Public Enemy #1.

Now know this note is not aimed to bash anyone, or to call anyone out. I did put a note out saying that if you want me to write about something then give ideas. One of my friends did so I am just answering her question. The stories you hear about promoters being how they are is half myth, and half fact. They do not sleep with every piece of pokey that is thrown at them, but if you think he is sexy and you have the POWER to convert him into hubby material…sorry you may have your facts a lil wrong there. If you make yourself look easy, they you are what you make yourself look like. You would be as easy as playing NBA 2K9 on easy mode or a 2 year old who would be eating the controller instead of playing you. Basically, where I am going with this note is saying do not paint everyone the same colour because you wouldn’t like that to come to you. If you have any argument or disputes with this note…I am not afraid to talk about it. I am just going on my point

No comments: